Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Year In Review

Events.... And the Tragedies

A radar loop of Typhoon Haiyan when it struck Leyte Island. 
          Well, 2013 is withering away and many events have happened. Some were tragic, while others were all right. One of the tragedies was the death of  Nelson Mandela. He died on December 5, 2013, at the age of 95. He died from a  respiratory infection. Another tragic event that happened was the death of musician/singer/songwriter Lou Reed. Lou Reed died on October 17, 2013, at the age of 71. He had a liver transplant but died of liver disease. Two more people who died were Cory Monteith, who was on the television show "Glee",  and Paul Walker, who was in the Fast & Furious movies. But a recent event that happened recently was the Super Typhoon Haiyan

Source: The New York Times/ Wikipedia

Memorable Things in the Year 2013



      The year is coming to an end and 2014 is right ahead. The news event that I will remember most this year is the strike of typhoon Haiyan. As I told you before, This was a devastating event destroying the Philippines.   A top pop culture moment that  will be a memorable to me is the internet meme  "What Does the Fox Say!". A pop song that I will remember Is the song by Katy Perry "ROAR". The most memorable event in my personal life this year is when I went to India after four years. Something that 2013 taught me is the fat that I am lucky to have food, water, education, shelter, and money. When I went to India, I saw many homeless people who were living in poverty. something that I am looking forward to in the year 2014 is the new movies that will come out, and the scientific and technological advances that us humans prosper.







Thinking Matters

                My favorite scientific advancement this year was the launch of a robot to Mars. What was yours? I challenge you to have fun this new year and also to make a new year's resoution.














No comments:

Post a Comment